Home News Asylum

The latest in breaking audio industry news. You heard it first, right here.

RE: Not bothering

Hi Michael,

What I as the Editor have to do is attract readers. Readers attract advertisers.

That is my point. SPECIFIC readers attract specif advertisers. Do you get requests from Budweiser to advertize?? Why not?? Arent you attracting readers? But yet the only advertisers I see on the site are AUDIO manufactures. Just like you never see an investment bank commercial on football games but every tennis match is sponsored by some big bank or investment company.

I probably wasnt clear. Your site is set up to report on audio gear, and to get audio manufacturers to advertize. So the content is geared to readers who are in to audio gear.

Those manufacturers are pushing a mac centric "the computer doesnt matter" agenda, and so is your site in large part to attract the readers who buy into that paradigm.

So you are not devoted to getting the best sound out of computer audio, but to promoting the industry line of plug and play. You wont report on how to tweak the computer os or hardware or how to build an audio computer because this is "computer audio for everyone". Dumbing things down seems to be the trend these days so I shouldnt be surprised if it hits audiophilia.

And to John's comment about cynics which is laughable, you both certainly have the best intentions but are naive in thinking that there is zero connection between content and advertizing. If you dont get advertisers your site will be pulled. So the connection isnt explicit, but it is implicit.

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.