Home News Asylum

The latest in breaking audio industry news. You heard it first, right here.

RE: Not bothering

They created a headphone oriented site some time ago. That might be a model for the PC audio site. The editor for that headphone site is someone who had been writing about headphones elsewhere.

I don't have any special insight. I might speculate that John Atkinson does not want to devote too much space to computer audio gear and topics in the printed magazine. High rollers in countries like Russia and China won't be interested in PCI soudncards and cheap DACs. On the other hand, many people who are interested in PC audio (and are not currently Stereophile subscribers) are not really interested in very high priced turntables, preamps, amps and speakers.

I'd guess that this is an experiment for Stereophile. One guy spends some time creating content for awhile and if it works, Stereophile taps into a new market. if it isn't working after 6-12 months, they move on to another experiment.

At present, the Stereophile forums are pretty barren for someone interested in PC audio. If you want good info or conversations about PC audio, you look elsewhere. That's bad news for Stereophile.

Bill

my blog: http://carsmusicandnature.blogspot.com/

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Not bothering - Old Listener 11:16:49 10/06/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.