Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Should I try Eminent LFT-VIIIa's?

Hi all,

This may seem like a strange question, but I'd love your input. Right now I have a pair of Dynaudio Confidence C1's and a Velodyne DD-15 sub. The Dyns are fantastic speakers, ruler flat response and gorgeous, pure sound. The problem is that I listen to a lot of rock and electronic music and I feel that the Dyns just can't move enough air to really portray the power of the music. The fact that I have a large room (21 x 15 x 10) compounds this problem.

Now of course, I'd love to run out and buy some C4's and be done with it, but I don't have 16K to spend on speakers. However, I've read that a stacked pair of LFT8a's can make for a powerful sounding rig. I was thinking of trying out one pair at first to see if I like the overall sound, and then purchase a second pair if things go well.

I know comparing planar to dynamic speakers is an apples to oranges type of deal, but I was wondering if anyone here thinks that LFT8a's, a stacked pair in particular, would be good for rock music. Bear in mind that I have a 15' sub to handle the low bass. Am I crazy for considering this? Let me know.

Thanks,

Tim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Should I try Eminent LFT-VIIIa's? - ZooDog 11:14:05 04/26/05 (6)

You can not post to an archived thread.