Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

on the contrary! strong crimping is much better...

and these connectors, allowing you to tighten TWO screws as much
as you want, so producing two airless joint points between two,
or more, bare wires, are very close to be perfect; but you don't
need to believe me, just read this and guess who wrote it:

"Soldered connections possess inherent disadvantages: the use of high temperatures, multi-material contact junctions and low tolerance to mechanical stresses. The transition medium between cable and connector is a mixture of lead, tin and other metals; In other words, a multi-material, high resistance connection.
To melt the solder it is often necessary to create such high temperatures that the chemical composition of the dielectric is changed. Halogens can be released from the dielectric causing soldered contact to remain chemically active, resulting in soldered contacts that are brittle from crystallization. Furthermore, there is a high risk of cold solder joints on large solder joints (such as loudspeaker cables) because it it difficult to properly heat the material masses.
Crimping produces a physically chemically optimum contact point with low transition resistance, which ensures pure signal transmission. Crimping is a cold-welding technique for which a heat supply is not necessary."

i'd add that i'm not the only one in trying to avoid soldering
in very compromised connections, as for instance high level ones

best, paco

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.