Home MagneQuest/Peerless Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Parafeed line stage design questions

I am looking into doing my first parafeed (a line stage) and have some basic schematic questions. The intention is to use 01-A's with the 15K B7's and probably some bottlehead style CCS's. Current will likely be around 3mA, and grid bias around 6V.

So, the first question, looking at the following schematic (image was taken from http://www.nutshellhifi.com/library/ETF.html):

Is there an advantage to the coupling cap connecting between the cathode and the transformer as opposed to the transformer connecting directly to the cathode and being AC coupled to the plate?

Second question, is there a good rule of thumb for determining the size of the coupling cap?

Third, I have some old cheapie edcor 10K:600 transformers, and i am wondering if they will be suitable for experimentation. That is, they are intended to have DC on them. Will they give decent enough performance to try to get the circuit basically correct before upgrading to the MQ iron,

Also, do the B7's have end bells on them such that they can go on top of a chassis, or should I plan on them going inside.

Thanks

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Parafeed line stage design questions - drsx 11:55:38 10/02/06 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.