I finally finished the top plates and started building the amps on Friday night. I completed assembling them by late Saturday afternoon. Overall, I believe it took me about 12 hours to put everything together.
I was amazed to see that they didn't catch fire when I plugged them in and all the voltages measured very close to the recommended values. I was even more amazed to hear that they actually worked and played music when I connected them to the preamp.
Even though they are not broken in yet, I am very impressed with the way they sond. I find them very detailed and controlled. They have the power (slam) when needed, yet they sound very effortless and natural.
I would like to express my deepest thanks and appreciation to Jeff for all his help, and more importantly for making this possible to all of us. And, of course to Mike for the excellent transformers.
FOr more hi-res pictures please have a look at:
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - My SETH 2A3 are done and I am impressed! - kudret 20:00:45 04/10/05 (16)
- Beauty, eh! - JBasham 07:20:20 04/12/05 (1)
- You bet! - kudret 10:27:12 04/12/05 (0)
- Superb! - Hackensack 09:41:47 04/11/05 (1)
- Re: Superb! - kudret 10:30:04 04/12/05 (0)
- Gorgeous! - AnandR 03:57:23 04/11/05 (1)
- Re: Gorgeous! - kudret 10:19:28 04/12/05 (0)
- Beautiful, Marvelous, Well Done! - mrclassicman 03:29:05 04/11/05 (2)
- Re: Beautiful, Marvelous, Well Done! - kudret 08:52:35 04/11/05 (0)
- JJ rectifier - Jeff Lessard 07:34:07 04/11/05 (0)
- Re: My SETH 2A3 are done and I am impressed! - Jeff Lessard 20:25:52 04/10/05 (6)
- Re: My SETH 2A3 are done and I am impressed! - kudret 20:48:30 04/10/05 (5)
- Re: My SETH 2A3 are done and I am impressed! - Jeff Lessard 21:03:39 04/10/05 (4)
- Re: My SETH 2A3 are done and I am impressed! - kudret 21:33:09 04/10/05 (3)
You can not post to an archived thread.