Home MagneQuest/Peerless Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: TL-404 crossover

Yes, actually a little bit less than 100 ohms but I went with standard cap values that were close at hand. 0.18uF might be better but I need to measure the acoustic response of the woofer and the tweeter with a mic to dial things in. It is reasonably close to my preferred balance already though. Cap type/flavor might matter as much as precise cap value here.

There is a strong drop in the impedance and phase curves vs. frequency from 200 ohms at 4-5k.. I think it wise to measure actual impedance at the input terminals. Seems to be a complex load.

This crossover sounds really fine, although I wouldn't run out and buy TL404s to do it...but maybe it is much better than resistors and a cap?

I am building another version for an Altec 802 using an Atlas Sound HT371 transformer wired 12.5:1 with a bypassed resistive attenuator on the secondary for HF EQ. That one came out to 100 ohms also. I hope to be listening to those tonight.

------------------------------

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must remain silent -- Wittgenstein

Free your mind and your ass will follow -- Parliament/Funkadelic

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: TL-404 crossover - Joe Roberts 14:42:53 10/02/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.