Home MagneQuest/Peerless Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

some recent MQ innovations and product enhancements...

I've had several email inquiries about a new design technique that we have employed in several custom designs and\or limited edition variations of standard catalog items that we make.

The following text in quotations was gleaned from our Facebook page. I encourage everyone interested in MQ products and new product development\announcements to "like" the MagneQuest facebook page.

It's easy... just got to Facebook and search for MagneQuest and then hit the "Like" button and opt in for notifications.

Here is a verbatim quote of some text introducing a special secondary winding technique that we have now employed in three different custom projects that we have completed in the last month or two.

the description is somewhat oblique... and necessarily so. Otherwise I would expect to see the same essential text and concepts on ebay in short order by various far eastern vendors product descriptions. In twenty five years of making and innovating audio transformers I've seen this happen a number of times.

In any case... here is a brief description of some recent innovations that we've embodied in several custom designs...

"The TFA-2004 Mexico coil design is a proprietary endeavour which weds the concepts of Herb Keroes of Acrosound fame (series re-entrant) along with a technique (inverted winding) shared with me some twenty years ago by the equally illustrious Norman Crowhurst.

I'm reluctant to go into much more detail for competitive reasons--- and I spent countless numbers of hours over a long period of time developing and refining this "hybrid" design---

It achieves notably tight coupling between the primary and the secondary and it optimizes the copper circuit efficiency.

Compared to a conventional series wound (four ohm, then a layer or two up eight ohms, then another layer or two up sixteen ohms) secondary--- we hit a home run!!!"

MSL

Builder of MagneQuest & Peerless transformers since 1989

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - some recent MQ innovations and product enhancements... - mqracing 06:47:23 05/25/15 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.