Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: Biofeedback

Thanks Stu for your thoughtful reply. I do find that people's sensitivities vary greatly. I have often wondered if the testing companies do for new pharmaceuticals really proves anything about their safety. A product is determined to be safe if only a small percentage of users have side effects, but if you happen to be one of that small percentage, then it does not matter to you that most people can use the drug safely. It is possibly something like an allergy that means some people react more. Maybe the women who had bad reactions to silicone breast implants were allergic to silicone, but they could not "prove" that the silicone caused their problem because wide ranging studies showed most women did not have reactions.

So in a similar way there might be people who are sensitive to the effects of a particular tweak and others who are not. But it seems that if there was some measurable physiological response in someone or a group of people who were sensitive that showed up repeatedly, at least that would offer evidence to the sceptics that there was something going on.

Personally, I am not that worried about convincing sceptics, but if someone wanted to find a way to prove that there was something going on, this might be a way to do it. If it worked, you might even be able to collect a million dollars from Randi! Although I guess he keeps changing the rules for his challenge.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.