Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: Biofeedback

The one drawback I can see is the variability of human nature and sensitivites. For example it is well documented that practicing something like zen can prfoundly alter the body's breathing rate, pulse and pressure. It has also been used for pain management, a most nebulous facet of human nature to measure.

One does not necessarily need to practice zen to achieve a zen like state, some individuals simply have the proclivity towards it.

while I can sympathize with the quest to measure a tweak or an aural change. the fact is the range of human sensitivities far exceeds out test instrumentation. In 30 seconds of listening a skilled listener can pick up more parameters than a room full of instrumentation, let alone have the time to set up those instruments and pass a weighted judgement simultaneously.

The human body is simply a marvel, IMHO. Just like the wine, beer and cigar afficianadoes. the sensitivities can vary greatly and be specialized for a certain sensory perception. At any music department on the collegiate level you will find classes, generally mandatory, called aural training for their music majors. Taking them is a revelation: often extremely skilled and gifted musicians can not hear ( althought the classes generally are limited to the facets which involve music: pitch, rhythm, and such).

Still the fact that there are classes for aural training, is indicative of something we need to realize: hearing can be trained. Everyone will still retain those aspects which they would consider most important, after all no one knows your own taste better than yourself.

For those who do not hear, or perhaps more accurately, do not deem the experience important, that would be one condition. For others who are more anal (I count my self in this category), sometimes seemingly minor changes can bring ecstacy. But IMHO, that is simply expressing the range of human nature.

C'est la vie. as they say. If the change is important to you, who cares about what others think? Your perception and your enjoyment is the primary goal.

Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.