Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: What were...

"Components used in some manner of exploration? Auditing? From which group?"

Well, I guess we are even, I don't have a clue what you are talking about.

And I apologize to you for any confusion I may have caused. Geoff was seeking experiences with crystals outside of audio and since he's an old RF guy I knew that he would know what I was talking about. What I described is simply the internals of an FT-243 crystal holder commonly used to control radio transmitters between mid-WWII and the mid-60's. This was the era I grew up in and having developed a lust for things electronic I became a ham-radio operator and built my own transmitters. However I had to buy the crystals for them and could only afford a few so I very much valued them as they allowed me great pleasure and satisfaction which in turn set the course of my career.

Oddly enough I still have a few of them and still feel rather attached to them, I think it's just due to strong associations with good times but I suppose there might be something more.

What is Auditing? I only know the term WRT financial records and college classes.

Regards, Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What were... - rick_m 14:55:13 11/07/11 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.