Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: Believing in belief.

"Why is it almost always the science and measurement crowd that has difficulty getting good results with tweaks like the green pen?"

Because we're less easily duped?

"Have you ever had a chance to use or hear any of the other "controversial tweaks" - like the Schumann frequency generator, Red "X "Pen, Mpingo disc, siver holographic foil, clever little clock, demagnetizer for CDs and LPs, crystals, cryogenics, ion generators and such, you know, the ones that make audiophiles' heads spin like the little girl in The Exorcist? You can say, "I avoid them like the plague," or "They're the work of the devil," it won't hurt my feelings. LOL"

Whoah. One category at a time.

Digital clocks (whether or not treated with fairy dust), lamp dimmers, and anything else that emits airborne RFI or puts it into the power line ARE the work of the devil! I don't want anything near my system that increases background noise.

My Zerostat gun IS an ion generator. That's how it neutralizes the static charge on records. I've also played with it on CDs and wires, with no apparent benefit.

I used to be an avid rock collector, so my mantelpiece is covered with all sorts of crystals, geodes, thunder eggs, and polished agates. The only audible effect I ever noticed was that they buzzed and rattled when things got really loud. Putting a folded towel under them solved that problem.

I have a bulk tape eraser (demagnetizer). I tried it on a couple of CDs, when I first heard of that tweak. No audible effect, as expected.

But what do I know? My car DOES seem to run better after being washed and waxed.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.