Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: encouraging

hey, let everyone "do their thing"

the question wasn't whether the project is a good idea or not, but what the best tweeter is, and i weighed in on that.

personally, i HATE IT when people evade answering a question. OP asked a question, i gave an answer.

by YOUR criterion, i should never answer a question by anyone who wants to build a ported or line transmission speaker as THOSE are ripe with unbearable time delays, transient smearing and phase issues among other things, but that doesn't stop people from building those resonant bloated marshmallow abominations. LOL

DESPITE knowing what I LIKE, i have to put up with crap from elitists like you over my choice of sealed subs from people who plug their "LA LA LA LA" ears when you point out the numerous forms of well known for decades forms of distortion inherent in the design when you weren't even ASKING for their input on that topic to begin with.

it's not my place to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't build, just what i think about the specific question being asked. tastes vary. needs vary. if the OP has as much disposable income to throw at his idea, then let him live & learn.

there are no absolute right & wrongs in audio. just individual tastes and the reasons why they have those preferences. a superzero can't match a klipshorn in dynamics and extension, but nor can a klipshorn out image a superzero or match it's midbass speed and freedom from overhang. NEITHER option is "correct", just different sets of priorities.

Edits: 02/05/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: encouraging - thump 02:27:59 02/05/17 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.