Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: BEST TWEETERS & MICRO SUBWOOFER

i don't know about what you're doing, but for me, if i was looking for an "ultimate tweeter", i'd be inclined to go with an air motion tweeter (they get expensive when you're looking for high power/efficiency), planar or a ribbon.

my experience with soft domes is that they're easy on the ears, but ruin cowbells. metal domes improve on that, but aluminum domes can be hard on the ears or even flat out resonant and while titanium can bridge soft dome treble softening with aluminum harshness and resonance, they have their own "rubbery sound" that takes away from from crisp transients.

i'm NOT a fan of horns which tend to sound shrill, spitty & shouty to my ears.

that leaves the 3 "ribbon techs". by having extremely low masses, they're able to snap faster & clearer without resonance or mass issues. i haven't heard a lot of them, but the ones i have heard have the speed that soft domes lack without the resonances metal domes add.

serious high output and efficiency air motion, ribbon & planar tweeters are seriously expensive though. that's my 2 cents

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.