Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Electro-Voice Regal lll

Craig

Solder has tended to go lead-free in recent times. Radio Shack has (or at least they used to) Lead- Free Silver Bearing Solder 96/4 # 64-025 but ti's difficult to work with as the solder joints tend to look "cold" (read: not nice and shiny). So it can make an impatient expert into an amateur. I have a lifetime supply of good old Kester "44" Sn 60 which always gives good results, but I dunno if you can still buy it.

Wire: Monster XP is good, reasonably priced and easily available.

A check with your DMM of the original L-pads may reveal more of the mystery, though you should disconnect them first. A reading between the center lug and one of the other ones should reveal either a very low reading or the maximum value of the L-pad as you turn the knob to the end points. Also look for a resistor added to the L-pad which may affect the circuit impedance. To re-iterate: you stated that the T35B's are marked as 16 Ohms units, but measurements show them to currently be 8 Ohm units. If the L-pads don't match the driver they will actually change the crossover frequency as the knob is turned up or down, and it's difficult to imagine EV designing it this way.

Paul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.