Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Electro-Voice Regal lll

Paul,

I sent you an e-mail bypassing the Asylum because I didn't want to confuse Craig while we tried to figure out an old design,why they choose those cap values, woofer model numbers and T35B impedance.

But for Asylum Archive purposes, I did forward a link to a past E-Bay sale for Esquire 200 components and the woofer was a 12BWS with the S stamped into the plate after the printed letters.

My own original Esquire paperwork says that the system contains a special 12" woofer, the EV 12BWS with a one pound six once ceramic magnet and my Esquire woofers have a DCR reading that looks like a 4 ohm unit.

The EV stated frequency response of the Esquire 200 is 40-19000CPS (HZ)
The stated response for the Regal 300 is 33-19000CPS.

The Regal was a more expensive model and there's something stamped on Craigs woofer after the 12W. An S maybe?

Since Craigs DCR reading shows that his woofer is a 4 ohm unit then EV must have made a special 12W that kept all or near the same parameters except for the impedance.

Since Craig wants to experiment with new caps then I think the best course of action is to replace them with the same values that are in there now because they appear to be original from the factory.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.