Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Belated THANKS to Uncle Stu, R.I.P.

Hello High Efficiency Audio Fans :

I did this mod, "my way", a couple days ago, and it helped my VOTT A7-800 set up. Uncle Stu posted this a year or so ago, and he passed away, but he needs to be given credit for unselfishly sharing this.

Can you think out of the box? Are you willing to TRY new things?

The fourth and top most box I added was very audible. Got a moving and storage business near you? It will cost under $20 for four new boxes to do your whole system.

My boxes were about 16 by 17 by 21 1/2 inches. So, I have a minimum of 16 inches baffle width at 45 degrees, and an 86 inch height. Rather than one large baffle, my pictured implementation allows one to position, box-by-box, by ear, on complex music, to a 1/16th of an inch, in each range the box influences.

If you have a decently-resolving horn system, this will improve it.

I can now better understand the words, diction improved, and other things as well. The Poinsettias are a big improvement also, adjust pot position near field, by ear, on complex music. A must-do.

The easy "click on it" - URL below, is Uncle Stu's original post. Please scroll down and read the entire Post, and see comments , photos, from Uncle Stu, and user's photographed implementations.

Consider this my Christmas present, a few days late.

Have fun, I certainly am !!

Jeff Medwin

Edits: 12/29/16 12/29/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Topic - Belated THANKS to Uncle Stu, R.I.P. - drlowmu 10:13:09 12/29/16 (14)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.