Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Fostex alnico tweeters

I use the T500 in my system which is Edgar architecture but using INLOW horns in the same ranges. Started out with Edgar stuff

I tried many things but ended up being most satisfied with Edgar's recommendation for the FANES (which are pretty annoying). Which is to use nothing more than a capacitor in series.

I use about 0.88 uF of Russian teflons and that is it. No need for padding, you just don't want a resistor in the circuit if you can help it.

Play around with capacitor values and you will find a combo that works. I am using 4 0.22 uF - I would bet that you are better off using one brand/model of capacitor. If you want to sneak up on the right value get a bunch of .1 uF caps.

I had used a 1uF Jupiter copper foil and this was just a bit too much.

Maybe I have grown used to it or my implementation has ameliorated the infamous "ping" sound the FOSTEX tweeters are noted for. Using them purely for atmospherics so they do not impose themselves on the 2441s. I am using the TRUEXTENT diaphragms and these do meld nicely with the T500s - at least I think they do.

One advantage of going ahead and getting the "really good one" is you will not wonder "what if?". Unless you want to drive yourself nuts with wondering what would happen with that TAD supertweeter or a GOTO. Luckily this never crosses my mind.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.