Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: "series" notch filter with Khorn - why am I not seeing more effect?

thanks - - without a new house, perhaps, time alignment, etc. I doubt if a Khorn would ever sound really right to my old ears There's disassociation of the boomy basshorn/wall combo - from small midhorn and tweeter two feet in front of the midhorn - maybe PWK's false corners would improve things. Kick-drum and tom on Alan Parson's "Soundcheck" have horrific overhang.

I bought these when i had money to help a friend who needed money. An earlier set whose tops were stolen from my house led to getting Dr. Edgar's midhorn around 1990 then a full system centered around little straight midbass horns.

They are pretty and cabinet a marvel of folding.

I'll have to double check North Reading's description of their lowpass filter - it was probably based on the AK4 which used 4mH and 100uF to "boost" the upper end of the basshorn (pulling more power)

my result with stock 2.5mH Type A which has no cap, is in the ballpark of expectations - not really audible vs the "boom"

BEST

Karlson Evangelist

Edits: 09/27/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "series" notch filter with Khorn - why am I not seeing more effect? - freddyi 22:06:16 09/27/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.