Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: headphones may be more accurate than a lot of speakers

but when you remove your listening room's ambiance, its a different game with regards to how the recording was made and how it sounds. Your room will mix, add "air" and sweeten certain recordings so they won't sound so "mechanical". With headphones, some things like well recorded lieder where there's a solo voice and piano, may sound pretty good. And of course, binaural recordings should sound better on headphones than loudspeakers.

those cheap MOSFET starved tube headphone amps like "Indeed", sound good to me with Fostex cans and Fostex not bad with Tascam audio interfaces. (plus the interface gives you a nice outboard sound-card for transcribing lps to hard drive) Fostex cans need a fair amount of power to come alive.

There's decent headphones in the $30 range and those would play synth bass drops reasonably cleanly where a lot of "fullrange" speakers, or small high efficiency multiway tuned high would just fart.

Karlson Evangelist

Edits: 09/20/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: headphones may be more accurate than a lot of speakers - freddyi 16:02:08 09/20/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.