Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Before you try a refinish....

Clean the veneer with a few drops of dishwashing soap (I use Dawn) in a pint of warm water and wipe down with dampened, not wet, white rags. Clean and rinse until no more dirt is visible on the rags.

Let dry overnight.

Apply a paste wax with a dampened micro-fiber rag; Johnsons smells best, Minwax works well, clearcoat automotives are good and woodworking filberts like Antiquax. Let the applied wax just barely haze and buff with clean micr-fiber rag.

If you don't smoke or live next to a ConEd plant you may be happy. If not happy, re-move the wax and re-clean with V.M.&P. Naptha from the paint store. (try the Naptha in a small area les visible area first) Re-wax.

Cleaning and waxing will amaze you with the result. It won't look new but will be lovely.

Repairing missing veneer is a career, not a hobby. There are lengthy tutorials on cutting patches and blending them in by melting colored Shellac Sticks. You can also use wood filler and paint matching grain with Artists Colors and brushes (my technique) but the learning curve is lengthy.

If the damage is considerable, depending on where you live you can try high end decorator shops that will have a referral to a craftsman who does shipping damage repairs to furniture. Big $$$

Best advice, clean and wax your speakers, sit down and listen to music.

Edits: 09/13/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.