Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

"sounds" of a few fullrange (and one 2-way) Karlson

recording device = Zoom Q3 camera (of course no Zoom on the crude camera part but good audio recorder) - it has two audio sensitivity settings - one is too sensitive for speaker evaluation, the other not enough sensitivity. I had to use the high sensitivity setting which can clip at moderate levels.

Karlsonator Six with L.Cao 6.5" F6 whizzerless fullrange speaker

Hear HERE

SK8 coupler loaded with Delta Pro 8A and topped wih "The Tube"/ D250p Daytion driver - stock Eminence 3K5 network - punchy little thing IME and K-tube a good thing

Hear HERE

funky old Karlsonette (first K12 - 1954) copy with slot port plugged and a 3.5" x 3.75" port hacked in the upper panel and Eminence Beta12LTA . This Yamaha compression tweeter is un-padded and too loud (easy fix with series resistor as it has a built in crossover) - it sounds good with some padding.

Hear HERE

0.62 scale K15 loaded with FE206EN - soprano voice and harp - this was made to test 10" drivers

Hear HERE

0.62 scale K15 - FE206EN - drumkit

Hear HERE
Karlson Evangelist

Edits: 09/01/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - "sounds" of a few fullrange (and one 2-way) Karlson - freddyi 15:36:04 09/01/16 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.