Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Fostex shout ?

Hello all, Don't get on here much --as this is quite important best to check first before pulling the trigger. I have run my fair share of hi efficiency speakers but never Fostex. Considering going to the BK20 Madisound kit --would love to just go the basic offering with the 206en in it without super tweeter. Price is practically a no brainer. 669 for everything except shipping. That includes the drivers.. But naturally, I would prefer to spend more money.. (not really) and go for the 208ez and the super tweeters .
Primary concern>>>> What about the Fostex driver "shout" that has been mentioned so often over the years?
Anyone here been able to compare a BK20 w/the 206en vs the 208ez with super tweeter or the 206 with the super tweeter ... or just the standard BK20 w/206en?
Unfortunately when running both higher power s/s amps along with assorted low power SET amps that can easily dictate that more than one type of speaker is needed. I just got a pair of Harbeths 7es-3, and they are definitely all that they are supposed to be---but certainly are not meant to be driven by a 2a3 amp.. I do have some Hoyt monitors which are great considering these were the budget offering from Omega--- the next logical step with Omega is the Alnico..

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Fostex shout ? - skiroe 12:35:50 08/28/16 (21)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.