Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: programs for testing speaker response

I wanted to let everyone know what I ended up with for speaker testing. This rig works for my purposes, but may not be powerful enough for others. I bought a Dayton Audio iMM-6 calibrated microphone from Parts Express. Currently listed for $16.25 each. It plugs into an i-pad or i-phone.I downloaded a program called "Audio Tools" from the Apple app store for $9.95. I downloaded the individual calibration file for the microphone. So far I have only used the RTA, which measures octave or 1/3 octave segments and has adjustable decay times. Using the pink noise track from a Stereophile test CD, I have been looking at my speaker response at different distances from the speakers. 1/3 octave may not be fine enough for some, but works for me. I will be trying the built in pink noise generator and the FFT measuring tool in the near future. The Audio Tools app has a number of different programs related to audio measurement, some of which are available by in-app purchase. Highly recommended, especially for the price.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: programs for testing speaker response - floydandrews 15:56:41 06/26/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.