Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: 3" vs 4" diphragm in 2" drivers?

WE designed for low power use no networks and for long path horns is why its special. On sato a EVDH1A 2440 2441 TAD etc all work very welL. The FC supply greatly effects sound I know it shouldnt and I didnt want to have to shell out big $ for tungar FC but without the trungar might as well use any other driver. I do think people confuse the desirability of classic 1930s cinema gear as meaning its the best available option. While these older horns do sound amazing you can do very well with modern options. I had a collector over he has a mirophonic system all the best WE kit and he recently bought my RCA MI horns drivers but he came over for a listen and I installed EVDH1A eminence woofers fostex tweeter in the RCAs and he just shook his head saying why much better it sounded than his WE system sure his systems not set up so well and I am helping him this summer but all he could say was cheap EV and deltas. Sure it did sound better with the RCA drivers but even gutted it sang.

Edits: 05/03/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 3" vs 4" diphragm in 2" drivers? - Kloss 07:24:39 05/03/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.