Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

short answer, I dunno... but...

Dont' forget that back in the old days, many consumer loudspeaker drivers were of 16 ohm impedance.

So, here's a suggestion -- try an (or a pair of, if that new-fangled stereo thing IS your bag, baby!) 16 ohm Electrovoice SP-15 or an SP-12. No idea what the impedance curve looks like (also, of course, it will be enclosure dependent) but it should be pretty benign.

The sensitivity is considerably better than 90 dB as well.
The spec sheet (see link below) gives EIA sensitivity, which is at 40 feet with 1mW input power, according to a post here at AA some time back (http://db.audioasylum.com/mhtml/m.html?forum=hug&n=165135&highlight=EIA+sensitivity&search_url=%2Fdefault.mpl%3Fsearchtext%3DEIA%2Bsensitivity%26b%3DAND%26topic%3D%26topics_only%3DN%26author%3D%26date1%3D%26date2%3D%26slowmessage%3D%26sort%3Dscore%26sortOrder%3DDESC%26forum%3Dhug)

Looks like the 'correction factor' is about 47 dB to get to dB @ 1 meter for 1 watt (or maybe 2.83 VAC) input, so expect a sensitivity nigh on to 100 dB/watt @ 1 meter)

all the best,
mrh

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • short answer, I dunno... but... - mhardy6647 10:40:42 05/01/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.