Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: street party bikes

my ultimate plan will have 4 x 12s facing upwards with the mains facing forwards. i've seen a different version of the boominator and don't like the name. it sounds like ports and i hate ports. oh, that's right, i replied in the DIYaudio boominator thread and said i'm working on a thumpinator. i prefer SQ and especially transients over extension.

where do i plan on using the system? biking events, tailgate parties, downtown when all the clubs are blasting lousy gangsta crap and other forms of spitting, and parades. i'd cruise the bike paths here, but they're very sparsely populated and not too scenic either.

in theory... 96dB x 64w should = 117dB with even higher efficiency AND power to the subs, but i'm not planning on maxing the power out unless people really get into it and want to dance.

hauling the system won't be an issue, i've used another trailer and same model bike to haul almost everything i owned over 10 miles a trip between storage and my apartment 3-4 trips a day with no problem including hauling 50 gallon tubs filled with soil. staying on flats and running high tire pressures is the key. that's why i'm avoiding plastic rims for this trailer system.

Edits: 04/25/16 04/25/16 04/25/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: street party bikes - thump 21:08:19 04/25/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.