Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Single driver love/hate ?

You will probably find their (BK-16) sound to be sublime on certain types of music, and somewhat lacking on others.

I have a couple different single driver speakers and they are superb on simple music like Marc Cohn, Cat Stevens, David Sanborn, Sting, or bluegrass etc.....Their sense of acoustic space is uncanny.

They are not my transducer of choice for large scale symphony or electric rock such as Rush, Van Halen, Def Leppard, Metallica etc....

You may find them a little tipped up in the upper midrange - or not. Many owners end up with adding super tweeters and subwoofers which in my opinion defeats the purpose of owning a single driver speaker to begin with.

In my opinion speakers are to audiophiles what guitars are to accomplished guitar players. Could you imagine Jimmy Page, Steve Miller, Alex Lifeson, or Eddie an Halen with only one guitar?

I have a friend that purchased the BK-16's from Madisound several years ago that I have heard many times. Those speakers are very nice, just don't expect them to do the impossible. Also; If you initially do not find them to your liking, don't give up, as you may have to try different amplification - A sterile sounding cheap solid state receiver is probably not going to make a good running mate.

Let us know how things turn out.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.