Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: 10" Red crossovers

I don't know if yours are similar to mine, but I heated the encosure on a hot plate and used a steel spatula to separate the soldered thin plates. Be careful not to destroy any parts. When opening and identifying the components you can make a schematic and build crossover with modern high quality parts. I used low-DCR air inductors, large oil/paper capacitors and the best resistors exactly as the original values. The plug was bypassed by soldering directly to the tags, and the crossover was built into a wooden box and attached in the lower end inside the cabinets. The small IIILZ cabinets are probably best to have them outside. What about stands with the X-overs inside?
Consider bracing/stiffeners inside the cabinets. At that time Tannoy used thin plywood, like in my Corner Lancasters which I burned. Better cabinets were made of 1" solid pine, heavily braced with braces and stiffeners. Internal volume is exactly as the originals.
Good luck!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 10" Red crossovers - iodemus 02:03:00 04/04/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.