Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Continuing the conversation Posted by used-hifi (A) on March 28, 2016 at 11:30:41

Posted by used-hifi (A) on March 28, 2016 at 11:30:41

In Reply to: RE: I would appreciate it if you would stop responding to my posts on all forums posted by mah on March 27, 2016 at 21:16:05

Hello again Jeff I think you missed the :\"point" in my post above i was referring to your amplifier silly! these should be as good OR BETTER then what you can buy at any cost!

anyways What does it sound like now??

Lawrence

Follow Ups:

RE: I would appreciate it if you would stop responding to my posts on all forums - drlowmu 15:15:17 03/28/16 (6)

In Reply to: RE: I would appreciate it if you would stop responding to my posts on all forums posted by used-hifi on March 28, 2016 at 11:30:41

Lets perhaps talk about this privately.

The Harmon Kardon receiver's DIY brass connectors you are referring to are simply "NOT good enough" for use with a 1.5 watt 45 amp, running full range, into very well-wired high efficiency speakers.

MAYBE, Cardas' Silver/ Rhodium shorty speaker connectors will will be OK, I will see.

Maybe, Lawrence, I will have to re-manufacture Robert Fulton's circa 1984 speaker connectors, 'am considering that presently. Robert and I went from Manufacturer to Manufacturer at the 1984 CES, showing them the design. It has a HUGE surface contact area so as to be low loss.

Eichmann presently makes a re-designed speaker connector, Cable Pod, that also needs to be heard ( thank you, Jim Dowdy ).

I find, with my present hi fi, amp-to-speaker cable interfaces can EASILY be a BIG FIDELITY LOSS area, ESPECIALLY with the types of uber-dynamic contrasting amps I've been building since mid-2015, into these well-wired high efficiency speakers.

It is SO readily apparent... by listening.

So this area is one needing investigation by me. I can't simply " hard wire " the amp-to-speaker wire interface, because THAT is the " best place " I know, to swap phase for playback of any and all of my out-of-absolute phase recordings.

Stay tuned, I'll find a GOOD solution, in time. 'Busy building the " next " Medwin Type 45 DC SET amp, last couple of days, coming along well.

Jeff
http://www.vhaudio.com/cablepod.html (Open in New Window)

Edits: 03/28/16 03/28/16 03/28/16

RE: I would appreciate it if you would stop responding to my posts on all forums - used-hifi 05:29:51 03/29/16 (0)

In Reply to: RE: I would appreciate it if you would stop responding to my posts on all forums posted by drlowmu on March 28, 2016 at 15:15:17

yeah I understand you want to do your own thing ...the HK connectors are not brass...there all copper!

I have seen those connectors before they are very hi mass a taper cone and socket that does not require a tightening down mech the taper cone wedges itself into the female... good idea but IMO not going to be good sounding being super hi mass!...but i suppose you could put it on a diet!

but if you want i can machine them for you...just let me know...

Looking forward to seeing more about your amps

Lawrence

RE: I would appreciate it if you would stop responding to my posts on all forums - sideliner 15:59:35 03/28/16 (4)

In Reply to: RE: I would appreciate it if you would stop responding to my posts on all forums posted by drlowmu on March 28, 2016 at 15:15:17

I would give a serious look at the Superior Electric BP30 binding post, if you haven't done so already. It was also recommended by Bob Crump some years back. The following link is another opinion by someone who compared the BP30 to some other highly regarded and expensive binding posts.

http://www.goodsoundclub.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PageIndex= (Open in New Window)

RE: I would appreciate it if you would stop responding to my posts on all forums - drlowmu 07:34:26 03/29/16 (3)

In Reply to: RE: I would appreciate it if you would stop responding to my posts on all forums posted by sideliner on March 28, 2016 at 15:59:35

Thank you. I will look into it. Appreciated your input.

Jeff

RE: I would appreciate it if you would stop responding to my posts on all forums - used-hifi 07:47:47 03/29/16 (2)

In Reply to: RE: I would appreciate it if you would stop responding to my posts on all forums posted by drlowmu on March 29, 2016 at 07:34:26

one other thing I am seeing that may or may not make a difference is your bolts that you tighten down the crimp lugs on the large caps...I would experiment with brass and copper bolts.... brass would be easier to find but may not be best..

just some thoughts that you can play with

Lawrence

RE: I would appreciate it if you would stop responding to my posts on all forums - drlowmu 09:03:46 03/29/16 (1)

In Reply to: RE: I would appreciate it if you would stop responding to my posts on all forums posted by used-hifi on March 29, 2016 at 07:47:47

Ha Ha, I just got off the phone, ordered Brass M8-10 ( metric) about ten minutes ago, before seeing this post. Your suggestion was "on the money" Lawrence. Thanks.

Jeff

RE: I would appreciate it if you would stop responding to my posts on all forums - used-hifi 09:41:22 03/29/16 (0)

In Reply to: RE: I would appreciate it if you would stop responding to my posts on all forums posted by drlowmu on March 29, 2016 at 09:03:46

Like minds :)

prob be a few days until you get them ...

awaiting your listening thoughts

talk soon Jeff

Have a good afternoon

Lawrence
Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum, et cetera, et cetera...
Memo bis punitor delicatum! It's all there, black and white,
clear as crystal! Blah, blah, and so on and so forth ...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Continuing the conversation Posted by used-hifi (A) on March 28, 2016 at 11:30:41 - The Bored 09:12:10 03/30/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.