Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Inlow Sound's 130 Hz midbass horn

Wojciech,

My Tad 4001 experience on a 13" (Dr. Bruce) salad bowl tractrix horn is similar to yours, very detailed, lively, but OMG, my ears were about to bleed !!! I tried twice to listen to this combo but gave up. I traded the tads a friend who bought a pair of proper Tad wood horns and it now sounds excellent.

The JBL 2441 with Truextent Be diaphragms and re magnetized motor were much better then the Tads on the salad bowl horns. They were clean, clear, nice tone, excellent imaging, nice high frequency extension BUT you had to get the EXACT placement / distance to ear from the horns perfect or you lost the image pronto !!! The head in a vice comes to mind.

I now use a field coil converted JBL 2441 with Be diaphragms on a 25.5" ( 200hz. ?) heavy mahogany Sierra Brooks tractrix horn---my search for a great mid range driver /horn combo is OVER !!! I now have a sweet, clean, clear mid rang with excellent tone from 450hz to 8k. I use a Lambda lp-531fm variable power supply (0-20volt) set to 14 volts and kick back. I have heard lots of drivers including the Cogent field coil drivers (excellent) and want for nothing. There may be better more exotic drivers (GOTO,ALE etc.)out there but I will never know !!!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.