Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Anyone want to offer a little crossover assistance?

Thanks Rpower. I appreciate your input.

When I use that calculator to try to reproduce the stock values I can't get anywhere close to them. The published xover points are at 600Hz and 6,000Hz. If I fiddle with the crossover types and adjust the crossover points a bit I can sometimes get either the inductor or cap value close, but not both.

For example, if I try to reproduce the second order woofer portion using an L-R type crossover, by bumping the crossover point down to 500Hz I can get a similar value for the inductor (2.5mh), but the cap value is double (about 40uf, Klipsch used 20). Other crossover types (Butterworth or Bessel) produce results even further off from the Klipsch design.

In other words, the tool may be able to tell me values I can use to scratch build a 3-way second order crossover, but it does not seem to be able to help me build a version of the Klipsch B2 adjusted for the different impedances.

I do have a question you might help with though: The Klipsch design "piggybacks" the tweeter crossover on top of the midrange crossover circuit. The tweeter cap is in series with the midrange cap. Do I calculate the value of the series capacitors for the purpose of the tweeter crossover? Or is there some reason I would not do it that way?

Thanks!

Edits: 02/12/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.