Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Karlson coupler and K-tube Army Kount 1-16

they typically are tilted 30 degrees up or down depending upon whether the slot is "up" or "down". A good size would be to copy Transylvania Power Company's "The Tube" dimensions so for one inch pipe, make the slotted portion of the tube ~5.3" long, adjust a half ellipse pattern to be printed based on 11.6" major axis, a minor axis of (pi * pipe OD) minus 0.125" to give a one-eight inch starting gap. Wrap the pattern around the pipe, trace with a marker then cut and smooth.

rolled paper or posterboard could be used as a quick proof of concept and might make a very good tube with enough layers and stiffening - - just roll one up and snip with scissors close to what you see in pictures.

Here's a link to a post at Diyaudio for a template of a metric dimensioned ~1"ID tube with a short stub and made of common 1 inch plumbing tubing

I'm not sure if the stub is helpful other than providing a nice means to mount it in a thicker panel.

copper pipe would probably exhibit some ringing but is very pretty when polished - maybe there's a clear coat to help damp ringing (?)

Karlson Evangelist

Edits: 01/14/16 01/14/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Karlson coupler and K-tube Army Kount 1-16 - freddyi 21:08:05 01/14/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.