Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Herb Reichert: Our Man At Stereophile

Scott,

I wished I could instantly transport 700 miles and hear your system. In the end it would either replicate the "absolute sound" of the instruments and singers on the recordings we played more closely than mine does or not. Until I heard it I'd have no idea which system I'd prefer. Scott unless you assembled an audio system that was just plain terrible sounding with bright highs that screeched so loudly they'd make your ears bleed, a midrange that was dull and muted and bass that boomed like a boom-box that many young people used to carry around on their shoulders, I would not be uncomfortable with your audio system at all!

A few months ago Arthur Salvatore invited my friend and I over to audition his audio system. Believe it or not, within the first 30 seconds of listening to his system, I knew I preferred it's sound even more than my own! Why? For one simple reason i.e., it replicated the "absolute sound" of the instruments and singers on the recordings we played more closely than my system does. That's the same and only test I have when I listen to anyone's audio system, period. I don't care what it looks like, I don't care how much it costs and I don't care what topology the components used employs. I only care how closely it replicates the "absolute sound" of the instruments and singers we play, period!

The system's I listen to and audition either replicate the "absolute sound" of instruments and singers on the recordings we play more closely than mine does or they don't. If they do replicate the "absolute sound" of the instruments and singers closer than my system, I prefer that system more than mine and if the don't replicate the "absolute sound" of instruments and singers more closely than my mine does, then I prefer my system more and that's it in a nutshell!

I'm listening to: The Men In My Life by Jackie Allen

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

Edits: 01/08/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.