Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Great story and a lesson ...

Thanks for your kind words Rick. I was sincerely attempting to pass along some knowledge I learned down the long audio path I've traveled. It just bothers me when I hear "There are no absolutes in audio." While I have no issues with anyone saying: "Just assemble an audio system that sounds good to you!" I believe some people can and perhaps even should do that provided:

1) the sound makes them happy

2) they don't also attempt to call it a system that faithfully reproduces an instrument or singers "absolute sound."

In the long run we all should thoroughly enjoy our audio systems. Personally I always thought an audio system that most closely replicates the "absolute sound of instruments and singers would provide the most enjoyment for their owners, but after auditioning many audio systems through the years I've come to realize that's just not true. However as I said before, "if" assembling an audio system that sounds the way the owner wants it to sound is what makes them happy, then so-be-it! In the end I'll go home to my system which replicates the "absolute sound' of instruments & singers as closely as I can make it do so and that's the sound that makes me happy...

I'm listening to: The Men In My Life by Jackie Allen

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.