Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: ODEON No. 26 Horn Speakers

Hey Wojciech click on the link below called My System to see the nice pair of double-back-loaded horns that are anything but "dreck"! I'm presently using these incredible sounding BLH cabinets ---{that have been modded as has the cone of the PS220-8 driver installed in them}--- along with some fairly high-end audio gear. For example: I use an Italian, 135lb, 40W/ch, $14.5K Mastersound Reference 845, integrated, SET amp, an Italian, $6K, GoldeNote, Stibbert CDP ---{used as a transport}--- and an Audio-gd, Reference 7.1 DAC from Hong Kong. I don't know about you, but I'd call that fairly high-end audio gear considering their outstanding sonic quality and cost. I cannot believe that you honestly believe I'd be using speakers that are sonic "dreck" with this quality of audio gear, but perhaps you do which would amaze me. I'd like to inform you at the time I had the Sachikos custom built for me, I could have purchased whatever speakers I wanted up to about $10K. So I'm here to tell you I heard sonic qualities in the Sachiko / PS220-8 / T900a combination that really got my juices flowing. But if you care to know what those traits are you can read about them below the photo I included at the link below. Oh yeah, this is all setup in a dedicated audio room too! I'll let you know I've wanted to audition the larger ODEON speakers for quite some time, but was spurred on a bit by Brad's post.

Oh yes I'd love to know what speakers and audio gear you're using, since you consider my Sachikos to be "dreck"...

I'm listening to: Home Again by Thom Rotella

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

Edits: 12/15/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: ODEON No. 26 Horn Speakers - thetubeguy1954 16:32:00 12/15/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.