Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Omega Super 7 monitor mk2 or Super Alnico monitor ?

This does indeed help and I really appreciate the comments. From what I can decipher thus far regarding this speaker brand, and single driver array in general terms is that they can suffer from the acoustic anomalies that are associated with all hi-eff single driver types in that they can get a bit shouty when pushed, especially in an environment where room conditions are not ideal, yet when they have the luxury of a well balanced room and carefully selected uostream components, they are able to perform in ways that many other designs cannnot. As other posters have commented, I can certainly see the hesitation in a blind order simply hoping they will " work out " as it were. I think a careful audition is definately the way to go here in order to make sure I do not end up with something I am truly " trying hard to like " as opposed to something I took the time to audition in advance.

Much thanks to all who chimed in, this is useful information and I certainly appreciate it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Omega Super 7 monitor mk2 or Super Alnico monitor ? - audioman 01:54:22 12/04/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.