Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

they are beautiful loudspeaker systems, but I'd recommend 'try before you buy'

With the caveat that I've not heard their loudspeaker systems nor their drivers.

Fullrange drivers are lots of fun and capable of very satisfying performance; they're not for everyone, though. I'd definitely recommend listening to a pair of any one of their myriad systems before buying a pair -- even if they're returnable.

I'll also offer the following unsolicited advice; the big advantage of point source radiators is the astonishing three-dimensional, spatially-convincing reproduction of which they're capable. The 'full range' (extended range) drivers do get this right, in spades, but at the expense of any or all of the following (in my rather extensive experience with FR drivers of many types):

HF Extension
LF Extension
"tone" (a tendency towards forwardness, harshness, or 'tizziness')
Dynamics

A coaxial "driver" (actually two, sometimes even more drivers more or less coaxially-aligned in one overall 'basket'/housing) can give all the advantages of a point source with none of the extended range drawbacks.

After lots of years playing with lots of stuff; in the range of what I could afford, coaxials became my daily drivers. I love 'em.

DSC_8059

They are capable of convincingly real (as opposed to 'realistic') reproduction of music. Flesh and blood, brass, strings, and wood. A performance in one's room. At a pretty reasonable price (compared to many of today's 'audiophile' loudspeakers).

Just my opinions, of course -- though hardly humble ones :-/

604Etest
all the best,
mrh

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.