Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: REVIEW: Klipsch La Scala Speakers

Thank you so much, boxhead, for posting your review.

I've been stymied/perplexed/amazed/fascinated by whatever it is that those particular speakers can do. For a While (tm).

And mainly just the "why".

This spun-off into some amount of inquiry about where the boundaries of "horn" are "worth it" and where the boundaries of "bass" are traded/compromised.

PWK did it -- I mean -- and that's "the" it -- he did it. 2 ft cube. The most that makes sense for anything (remotely) commercial. It delivers "just enough" horn goodness to be worth it.

Almost everything is an already-solved-problem. Might've been some post on the Joelist where Mr. Danley uttered something about how the "...damned Ancients keep stealing my ideas...". No, I'm not remotely equating any of my efforts to his, rather only acquiescing to a refrain that seems right after busting one's stones and encountering...some amount of history. PWK kicked my engineering ass lol.

And "yep", that's the line. The La Scala is the line. It's the boundary between stuff and other stuff. At least, it looks like it as far as I ever figured.

There's also some amount of "rightness" that it was PWK's deal.

Yeah, there's better. Yeah, there's a lot better. But it's also a lot bigger.

A lot bigger. Games by EQ? Sure. Add your amps and your XLR's and whatever-else--that's a differnt game, now isn't it? The post was about an old speaker with a passive XO. Seems no one has beaten-that on it's own terms, yet (ever?).

Thanks for posting.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.