Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Mixed crossover???

Hey Paul

Sorry for the confusion. The example I gave with the 22.5 uf cap and 6 ohm resistor to ground was designed by a guy using soundeasy v5.0 10 years ago. He called it 2.5 way cross over. He said it was a 2nd order on low pass and 4th order on the high pass. The only thing that did not look like the normal text book was the 6 ohm resistor under the cap to ground. I follow you on the zobel network so could it be a 1st order with a zobel network and he did not realize it?

On the second cross over it was the stock one that came with the speakers. I just looked at the schematic and use crossover formulas. The only thing here was the numbers came up with 10.3 cap 1600 hz for high pass ribbon and 2.0 mh for 1300 hz high pass woofer. And the cap to ground on the woofer was 22uf the books say it should about 7uf.

So with the stock crossover the big number difference is the cap to ground on the woofers in parallel.(18w/8545-00) scanspeaks. Not sure what changes when you increase the size of this cap from 7uf to 22uf.

I am still confused let's say I wanted a 1st order on tweeter and a 2nd on woofer let's say at 1500hz. All the books and calculators are done with the same slope/order for woofer and tweeter. So if you use 1st order on tweeter it will be 1st order on woofer. So could you say use the values from calculator for a 2 way 2nd order crossover then just remove the grounded inductor on the tweeter.

I follow in the real world there are many variables which create less than a flat response curve. I am trying to understand how calculate a starting point for a 1500 hz crossover 1st order on tweeter and 2nd order on woofer.

Thanks Tom

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.