Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Please help ID Pioneer drivers

Bought these years ago - description follows:
Pioneer Pax 30-A 12" Co-axial's w/ Dual 2" cone tweeters w/L-pads /16 ohm / Tweeters have Alnico magnets / Woofers have HUGE Alnico Horse shoe style magnets / VHQ/HD die cast frame / made in Japan , circa 1960's. These were manufactured in Tokyo Japan by Fukiun who were one of the MOST respected Speaker Manufacturers comparable to Coral. They are GREAT sounding drivers, GOOD Bass / Very detailed Mid-range and Highs with BIG 3-D sound Stage, Similar design/duality to Highly regarded German BAUER Klangfilm 12" cinema COAXIAL speaker and WIGO units. Tweeters Good / Woofers Good / L-pads Good / All Voice coils test Good, no issues, no scrapping, scratching etc, All cones good, no rips tears or repairs. These are VHQ Co-axials w/ Accordion treated surrounds, VHQ Paper Cones.
Checked out Pioneer site to ID - these are definitely Not Pax 30-a drivers.
ON THE BACK they say:
Pioneer
2 WAY
20W.16(ohm symbol)
TOKYO JAPAN

I want to try to use these in a custom-made Onken Box or if all else fails - to do Open Baffle; since I've got no specs, I'm concerned about what I might eventually end up hearing and how close to what it should/could be turns out, as well as the cost to experiment with an Onken Box.
PLEASE: Can anyone help me ID these drivers?

Edits: 10/26/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Please help ID Pioneer drivers - listeningwitheyesclosed 16:30:40 10/26/15 (8)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.