Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

JBL 2482 Drivers: each sounds different

I use a pair JBL 2482s and tractix horns on my setup. When I play these horns by themselves, each horn sounds a little different. One driver seems to go lower than the other. It is not the crossovers.

I installed a new original diaphragm in the one that sounded inferior and it didn't make a difference. I did notice in the back cover of each driver is a layer of foam rubber, maybe 3/4" thick. In one driver the foam rubber appears to be original and the other appears to be a replacement. The original foam is memory foam rubber-like but it will tear easily. The non-original foam rubber in the other driver springs back like conventional foam rubber.

This driver is designed with the dome of the diaphragm facing the rear cover.

Should the foam rubber in the back cover always contact the dome of the diaphragm? See the photo with cover removed in somebody's auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191718406512?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

Would I be better off switching to Community M200a drivers?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - JBL 2482 Drivers: each sounds different - jpackard 21:49:52 10/21/15 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.