Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Hmmmm.....

I just re-read your initial post and I see that you are down sizing, sorry I read your post a little too fast at first. The 620 cabs I was talking about are pretty large, but not height wise. They're fairly sizeable, ( apologize, I'm going from memory here), but the 620 cabs are ~36"W x 24"D x 40"H, so they might not work with your "downsizing" plans. Plus your current amps would be plenty of power to drive the 604's, but I feel they would be overkill. The sub(s), if needed, would/could be used to fill the lowest octave. I didn't find them or the bass lacking in my room. I also played a wide range of music. Only few watts are really needed...

I forgot to add in my prior post that I tried out my Fostex's in various types of cabinets. The best bang in my book was the "BiB", bigger is better TL horn. Cheap, easy, and quick project that, when paired with a sub or two, was a fun ride. The building and resulting sound from the Bib's, derided my ultimate plans to eventually build some double horn's like tubeguy's.

But the single driver road eventually landed me onto the Altec's. Now, I am curious to hear a set of some Tannoy Concentric drivers, Red's, Gold's, etc... too.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Hmmmm..... - Oface 21:52:47 10/15/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.