Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: DIY Fostex FE206En backwave horn questions

Outlay being considered, "not too bad" isn't what I'm looking for. I've owned a couple of pretty fair systems in the past, and I miss the holographic sound stage and immediacy of a good setup, even though what I have now is pretty decent - Tyler Linbrook monitors on a Tandberg 3016A (200+ WPCH), backed up by ACI Force subs on the low end. The ACIs will stay - they were a gift from my bride - but I might take one of them to the cabin if two prove to be overkill. The total budget for the project is probably limited to no more than $2K. I would think that kind of budget on a DIY path should be able to yield fairly impressive results. But you've got to get it right.

It appears that using the Heil AMTs is impractical, but so is using a six foot tall set of speakers in this living room. I'm wondering now if that Dayton driver that Tubeguy likes could be used with the cabinets Fostex recommends for the FE208EZ. I'll have it figured out before I start to smell sawdust.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: DIY Fostex FE206En backwave horn questions - Todd A. 17:08:02 10/15/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.