Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: How About The Clairaudient 1+1's ???

Yes my friend you're absolutely 100% correct! A pair of 87dB sensitivity speakers with 2A3 amps probably won't play loud enough for Tom B. even in his small room. That's really a shame because those Clairaudient 1+1's speakers sound amazing, within the frequency spectrum they're actually covering AND surprisingly enough they even sound as amazing, within the more extended frequency spectrum they appear like they're covering...

By that, what I'm trying to say is these Clairaudient 1+1's speakers are either:

a) covering a much wider frequency spectrum than you'd believe they possibly could.

or else...

b) they're able to convincingly portray a sonic illusion that's capable of completely outwitting the listener into believing the Clairaudient 1+1's speakers are playing a more extended frequency spectrum than they actually can or are!

Either one of those two options would be acceptable to me! Tom B. how many watts does your 2A3-based amp have per channel? In The Absolute Sound review that I provided a link to below. The reviewer was able to play at "satisfying" volumes with a 13W amp.

Despite everything I've written in this post, I believe Cut-Throat is most likely correct in his assessment. It's just that for small, fullrange driver, speakers, I believe these are the very best I've heard so far. It would almost certainly take a pair of larger, horn-loaded, speakers like your Abby's to better these speakers. Too bad they just weren't more sensitive, huh?

I'm listening to: Night On Bald Mountain by Fireballet

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.