Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Altec 1505B horns?

Small world, Joe. I was just up at Jeff's place three weeks ago (the Westminsters were okay but the LPs, snacks and booze were even better:), and subsequently I've been putting together a two way horn system. Started with a nice pair of 414Zs, found a pair of 32x 24x 14" cabs locally with 12" holes cut high, and will brace them in the coming days. Then bought a pair of 32C horns after reading posts on Joseph Esmilla's site and one or two by you and "Salectric." Found and bought a pair of 802Ds just last night on the big auction site (all drivers are 16 ohm), found a pair of 3000h tweets to play with for shits and giggles, and am building up Joseph's version of the N1600 crossover with paper in oil caps ( I like Ronken:).

Come to think of it, we met briefly in the Sibatone room at RMAF in '11 and I still remember that heavenly sound. An oasis after the so called high end stuff. Jeff, check out the YouTube video of that room and you'll see our friend David Rives sitting and enjoying the sound of that room with a nice big grin on his face...

Harry Z

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.