Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Why.. did you ask ?

I'm not anonymous, I'm Garg0yle.

"wow, you don't even understand the 604 driver. The treble is not dipole as it's a horn."

-That's pretty weak and obvious we are talking about the dynamic driver section which covers a good chunk of the mid range.

"Didn't you do that a week or two ago? After it was demonstrating you do not understand dispersion and power response?"

-OK, explain it to me.

"You didn't look very hard at all (surprise). Here you go:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=54147.0"

So Yamamoto buries his flagship in a forum post from 2008 and puts his crappy speakers on 6moons for review?
Makes sense.

" The speakers I currently own, of course. I stated at the outset that I am running GPA (Altec) 604s and was only curious about the Tannoy drivers. That said, we know that YOU have never heard either driver on any open baffle akin to that under discussion here, correct?"

-Well that is not entirely correct, I have heard them in the Flamenco cabinets with no back on it. (Lets call it an open baffle with wings.)
I also held it in my hand, neither situation yielded any bass to speak of. lol

"That is what I expected you to say, which is why I hesistated in offering that information. It's quite an easy retort. However, your conclusion doesn't follow logically from the premise at all. Also, I do own 604s (see the post you initially responded to). Also, I do think it likely I have quite a bit more experience than you. FWIW."

-Unfortunately as you have found, experience is not linear. It is dependent on the individuals ability to grasp, retain and apply his or her knowledge that renders an experience level.

"Last word"

△This message will self destruct in 10 seconds△

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.