Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Very Interested About Your Impressions!

Hi Cougar,
Thanks!. I had been using the mini DSP for about a year now. It sounds fine to me but very hard to compare with traditional discrete circuits as the type of amp being use plays a big role to the sound of the HF and LF. With a type 2A3/45 amp on the top, and a type 300B for the LF using mini dsp 4th order, I find it fast, detailed and with a stout bass. The clarity of the vocals can be a blessing and a curse sometimes.
One thing I will recommend for you to try is to use copper plated silver on the HF or pure silver if budget is not a consideration if you are using speaker level XO. I have use it on Zilch, Markwarts, and other XO including OB arrangement and it made a difference for me.

Yes, you are the "Cougar" I remember from Audiogon. I too have a 255 in Rosewood using heavily modified OL Silver(Leadshot and Stabilizer tweaks from Thomas Lyons or TWL)).

Abe

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Very Interested About Your Impressions! - amandarae 15:20:09 08/21/15 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.