Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

You built this in the picture?

Thanks for the advice.

1. This is not the final Xover layout but just a clean up of the prototype I have playing MUSIC now. I know it's not the best looking layout but it works for now and sounds great and allows me to change components fast to improve sound quality. I'm going to move the components in closer once I figure out a better layout with point to point soldering. What I really would like to do is use the Zilch PCB posted above but I would need to find the exact caps to fit and I really don't want to change them if I don't have to because I'm happy with the sound I have now.

2. All that advice about equal lengths of wire, doubling up wire, no parts touching can go right out the door with terrible soldering like that in the picture.

3. These CDE caps give me the best sound so far and best bang for the buck! they sound way better than the Solen caps I had before which made the Xover a lot smaller with NO parts touching. Their sonics are right there if not better than the Auricaps that I mostly use. The CDE caps are a very good price and will surprise some. They are way less than Auricaps and just a little more than the Solens. I do not need to bypass with expensive caps in this circuit (Z19) with expensive parts. The sound is really nice so far and I hear no need to spend way more on caps!

Edits: 08/15/15 08/15/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.