Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Love the sound of the GPA 902's

they have the sound I remember when I had my Altec Model 14's which had 902's in it. The difference that I have noticed is that the top end on the GPA 902's is more extended. The D250P were nice but didn't have that weight or meat in the midrange once compared to the GPA 902's had to give it that more like it's real/right here. The 902's were more real/lifelike.

The Dayton D250P sound really nice with a 1st order Xover with good caps. I never got around to trying a 2nd order Xover.

the GPA 902's with the Zilch's Z19 are just amazing. I really like this Xover. You can do so much with it. I highly recommend it with the GPA 902's. At first I thought the Z19 had a slight lightness to it but once I figured out how to set the Z19 I got that Altec sound back but with extended upper end. With that great midrange where vocals, strings, and horns sounds so real.

I'm really glad I bought the GPA 902's. The best thing I can say is that the GPA 902's are a step up from the original Altec 902's. They just built up on top of what Altec already had done but just took it to the next level up. :)

If you search you will find a econowave Xover that is designed for the Dayton D250P with QSC horn. I think it uses a Eminence woofer or Dayton 380 woofer. might be something to check out.

I think the GPA 902 would be a better match with those 414-8b.

I will be saving up for some GPA 416-8C's!

Also, remember the GPA 902's can be xovered down to 500hz with a Altec 511b horn. but Bill at GPA told me sounds best Xover at 1200hz. I agree!:)

Hope this helps.

Edits: 08/01/15 08/01/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.